In part two of “Agents and Querying,” we discuss common misconceptions about literary agents, as well as what not to do when querying. We also interview agent Renee Nyen of KT Literary, who offers us some insights into her approach, how she became an agent, and more.
In our next episode we’re going to take an in-depth look at queries. What makes them work, and how do you write a good one?
This series will culminate in a workshop episode. Tune in this week to hear how you can get involved!
Episode 5: Agents and Querying – Misconceptions and More (Air Time 30:01)
- MORE HAPPY THAN NOT by Adam Silvera
- Adam Silvera Interview: http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/stay-true-to-yourself-and-your-project
- THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins
- DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth
- TWILIGHT by Stephenie Meyer
- THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN by Paula Hawkins
- Firefly (TV series)
- ASH by Malindo Lo
- WE WERE LIARS by E. Lockhart
- DANGEROUS GIRLS by Abigail Haas
- Renee Nyen, KT Literary agent http://ktliterary.com/ | @Renee_Nyen